Thursday, December 9, 2010

Blog Van Winkle

Yes, it's been two years, and my, how things have changed for Mr. Obama in that mere blink of an eye.  I guess he's finding out what I've known for too long a time, that is, no, we can't.  At least not whilst there remain people on this planet who weren't mortified at the crazy look of pure excitement on Sarah Palin's face when she shot that caribou, people who truly believe Christine O'donnell is them, people who think Africa is a country, and even so, only when forced to think at all, people who follow Kim Kardashian on Twitter, people for whom Don Cherry expresses their political views, people who have been persuaded that Rob Ford cares about them more than he does about his 70-ounce porterhouse, people who... But, Obama's fate is not what I want to talk about, here; I only note it because of its timing in relation to the birth, brief existence and now rebirth of this blogette.

As you can see, the mere act of creating a blog dealt a crippling blow to any creativity to which I might have laid claim.  Therefore, I have decided to dedicate the reincarnation of blog, this phoenix, not to my own creativity (such as it once was), but to the creativity of others.  Mostly writers, but sometimes film-makers, sometimes musicians, sometimes artists, sometimes journalists, and yes, sometimes even hockey players. 

Stay tuned.  I promise it won't be two more years of radio silence.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back. Is hockey that sport where people skate on ice and beat each other with sticks?

Judy said...

yes, anthony, it is. but it is, when done well, a joy to watch. take the time to watch a hockey game and you will see sheer poetry in motion. or at least, a good fight.

Toorgy said...

Ice hockey is the fastest game. I like tp play it. On sunday's i spend the time with the
Handyman
for the cleaning of the house.